Purpose of JobLeads the development, proposal and delivery of credit risk strategies originations and account management for consumer credit portfolios to effectively deliver economically sound, competitive lending products and member experience to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy performance as well as external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for bank portfolio products within the risk taxonomy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to identify opportunities and tailor credit strategies to the needs of the business.
- Directs analyses, root cause identification, and development of clear and concise credit risk recommendations to influence senior decision makers.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Recognizes and leads the development and implementation of appropriate credit risk strategies.
- Develops detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict, evaluate and manage the credit risk within a loan portfolio according to operational risk and compliance standards.
- Assesses lending product/portfolio performance specific to credit loss and financial elements.
- Engages with bank leaders to ensure that credit risk policies are aligned with the continually changing credit environment and maintains dialogue with other stakeholders such as Risk and Compliance.
- Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced team member while ensuring alignment to the organizational strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis OR if Master’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline, 6 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis.
- Expert understanding of banking regulations, risk and/or compliance.
- Exceptional business acumen and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional research, investigation skills and good judgement skills.
- Proven success in developing and communicating strategy and translating that strategy into tactics.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/28/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.