CREDIT RISK MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for the Private Bank's daily activities for credit risk monitoring, identification and mitigation strategies of division's diversified consumer and commercial loan portfolios to ensure limited risk exposure for adherence to bank and regulatory standards. This may include, but not limited to, execution of risk assessment process including identification of key risks and their mitigating controls, overseeing the completion of credit risk review, continuous monitoring of portfolio Risk assessment, analyzing new and pending laws/regulations that directly affect the industry and bank policies/standards and preparing and/or reviewing final written reports outlining the results, preparing various reports for the Division's Risk Committee. He or she must adhere to the Division's Risk Management Framework life cycle. The Credit Risk Manager is also responsible for promoting risk awareness within Private Bank.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Conduct ongoing reviews to monitor portfolio performance; identify areas of weakness (and strength) in performance. Develop insight into reasons for performance deviation. Promptly advise senior management of any changes in the trends (rating migration, delinquency, collateral, concentration, disruptors, KRIs, originations, etc.).
* Responsible for the ongoing risk management, performing credit quality assessments and related reporting of their assigned credit portfolios
* Responsible for the development, execution and management of reporting and analytical needs for Portfolio Credit Risk Management
* Analyze, monitor, report and recommend changes to concentrations by industry, size and risk ratings to improve portfolio diversification. Ensure the quality and data integrity of the monthly and quarterly reports
* Monitor, track and report on Risk Appetite metrics and concentration limits
* Review and challenge business units credit risk and portfolio strategies, and provide feedback on new (or significant enhancement to) products or service that have credit risk
* Review credit risk and reward strategy changes of assigned portfolios and provide management recommendations to optimize risk-return characteristics
* Work with Manager to establish portfolio credit risk management performance guardrails and evaluate performance , utilize sensitivity analysis, stress testing, market trend, and other analytical methodologies to anticipate any credit trends or deterioration and obtain insights into portfolio performance and market opportunities
* Collaborate with Manager in creating and delivering presentations for senior management that include portfolio activities, analytics of risk, performance, emerging trends and opportunities
* Lead the development of analytics and advanced visualization to assist with portfolio credit risk surveillance. Typical functions are loss forecasting, mix management, risk appetite management, collections strategy, and reporting related to KPI's that affect portfolio surveillance such as first pay defaults, no payment, charge off and loss rates
* Coordinate the completion of risk mitigating actions and providing status updates of open/closed issues to senior management and second line risk management functions
* Track policy exceptions that will provide meaningful feedback to understand credit portfolio risk, future potential credit problems, and provide feedback to Credit Policy team to review and enhance underwriting guidelines
* Execute risk assessment programs (e.g. Operational Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Impact Assessments, Vendor Risk Assessments, New Product Implementation etc.) to identify and quantify the risks and their associated controls for the Business Unit
* Coordinate activities with other departments in the bank responsible for risk management including Credit Administration and Credit Risk Review
* Establish processes to test, validate and report on the performance of risk mitigating controls (e.g. if policies and procedures are being followed, if sign off limits are being exceeded etc.)
* Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.)
* Assist with research and special projects as needed
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* Minimum 8-10 years of experience in credit risk portfolio management, credit administration, loan origination, and/or credit analysis
* 5-10 years of experience in a banking environment or risk management consulting or in the financial services industry in risk related roles
* 5--10 years of advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
* Good knowledge of financial services products, including commercial and consumer etc.
* Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards preferred
* Tableau experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled