The Testing Manager is accountable for leading a team that provides test execution for the Independent Testing Function. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as “an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria.” Testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
The Testing Manager, in collaboration with EIT Functional areas and test owners, ensures accountability for the completion of testing activities in alignment with the Independent Testing- Enterprise Policy & Standard in a timely manner.
The Testing Manager consults with EIT Functional leads to execute an effective testing program per requirements. This role contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. This role participates in routines involving FLU/CF Compliance, Audit and regulatory agencies.
The Testing Manager provides leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a successful team. This role ensures consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review of practices across the team.
The Enterprise Credit and Operational Risk Testing Manager will be responsible for leading assessments of Enterprise Credit Risk (ECR); and Operational Risk processes including Allowance, Risk Rating, Concentration Risk, Risk Assessments, etc. Testing will review major processes and evaluate compliance with applicable regulations, program implementation, control design and effectiveness and conceptual soundness. Not to be confused with IT Testing, this testing is qualitative testing, similar to Corporate Audit. This is a high profile testing manager role with a view across the major risk processes within Credit and Operational Risk. The testing is reviewed by regulators, and used to support the QA standard.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work under pressure, calmly within tight deadlines and escalate appropriately
- Show initiative and react quickly to changes in priorities with the ability to quickly learn new procedures
- Professional approach with a clear and logical thought process and attention to detail
- A high level of communication skills with the ability and confidence to discuss issues at a senior level
- Ability to take ownership of a testing program and run an assessment from start to finish
The testing manager must have EITHER:
- 5-10 years' experience in qualitative (process) testing/audit management experience
- 5-10 years' experience of Credit Risk experience (i.e. Consumer/Commercial Credit Risk, Risk Rating, Risk Appetite, Allowance for Credit Losses, etc.)
- and Pperational Risk experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Governance and Controls
- Process design
- Control design/execution
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Financial/Accounting experience
- Quantitative analysis
Posting Date: 07/16/2019
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift