Who We Are
Driving Innovation. Together.
A part of a bright future tied to a proud past.
As part of the Toyota family of companies, Toyota Industries Commercial Finance (TICF) creates extraordinary customer experiences through our Brand Promise to be the partner of choice in the commercial finance industry.
Since 1985, TICF has offered an extensive line of commercial financing programs for Toyota forklifts and Hino trucks through our network of Toyota Industrial Equipment and Hino Motor Sales dealers to their customers. Our people-focused team of professionals are constantly striving to provide always better solutions. Because of that we have experienced substantial growth and evolution. We are a new organization with a proud legacy. Are you interested in becoming part of it?
TICF Vision Statement: To be the premier captive finance company that champions Toyota Industries Corporation, Hino Motors and dealers' prosperity.
TICF Mission Statement: Provide financial solutions to sell Toyota Industries, HINO Motors & Dealer products
Why This Job Exists: Job Summary/Scope of Impact
The Commercial Finance Credit Supervisor is responsible for all activities in order to execute accurate underwriting of Toyota Industries Commercial Finance Credit while carrying out the objectives of the department scorecard and initiatives in support of overall goals of Commercial Finance Departments as well as Toyota Material Handling, Hino Motor Sales and Commercial Finance Dealerships.
What You'll Do: Major Accountabilities
As a Commercial Finance Credit Supervisor, you will make your mark by:
* Supervise the activities of the TICF Credit Analysts and Credit Investigators to carry out department objectives while providing training and guidance and evaluating performances
* Work closely with Analysts to develop alternatives to challenging credit requests
* Analyze and decision retail/lease offerings within supervisor's approval limits. Make recommendations to management based on credit strength and risk analysis of applicant. Assist dealers with quoting and developing financing structures and provide the highest level of service by maintaining turnaround time at or better than objectives.
* Ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and handle the variability of financial statement formats, tax returns and risks across many various industries.
* Negotiate, prepare and present Asset and Credit Committee (ACC) Files for Credit Line approvals over $10 million.
* Negotiate with customers and dealerships on credit structuring and strategy at the CFO and Executive level.
* Build a strong working relationship with Regional Sales Managers and work together to achieve mutual goals
* Assigned to National Accounts as well as share of dealerships.
* Responsible for review and acceptance of contract modification requests to Master Lease Agreements and Equipment Schedules. Negotiate with legal counsel and customer legal counsel on contract issues to arrive at mutually acceptable changes.
* Utilize the Performance Management process to complete performance evaluations. Develop Analysts and Investigators to ensure that excellent service relationships are established and maintained and consistency in purchase policy and quality are present on every credit decision. Monitor and ensure that all policy and procedures related to Commercial Finance credit policy are in place and are updated to meet changes to the business environment.
* Provide regular feedback to both associates and TICF Retail Credit Manager on associate development and opportunities.
* Create and lead department projects to implement process changes, automation and efficiencies.
* Oversee accurate preparation and distribution of required reports related to credit activities on a daily or monthly basis.
* Provide support and cross train with TICF Funding Supervisor to ensure commercial contracts are funded on a timely fashion.
Who You Are: Experience, Training & Education
Toyota Industries Commercial Finance is looking for individuals with strong business sense and practical expertise. Successful candidates must have:
* Minimum 7 years of retail or commercial financing experience required
* B.A./B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting or other Business-related discipline
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in underwriting while performing in-depth financial statement analysis for various type or size of businesses
* Experience presenting analysis and proposals to executive level
* Experience negotiating at the senior level on business strategy and credit matters
* Interpersonal, time management and supervisory/leadership skills required
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and organization skills required
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Intermediate Excel skills required
* Prior leadership/supervisory experience preferred
* Broad experience across facing departments (Sales, Dealer Financial Services, Collections, Customer Service and or Funding) preferred
* Builds Trust - Can be trusted to keep promises and confidences. Is honest and ethical. Behavior is consistently aligned with organization's core values.
* Be faithful to your duties thereby contributing to the Company and to the overall good of society.
* Be ahead of the times through endless creativity, curiosity and pursuit of improvement.
* Be practical and avoid frivolity.
* Be kind and generous; strive to create a warm, homelike atmosphere.
* Be humble and show gratitude for things great and small.
* Communicates Effectively - Expresses self clearly, both in writing and in speaking. Is thorough, yet concise, and is consistently straightforward. Creates clarity. Readily shares information with others.
* Drives Change - Always leads change initiatives in a positive way. Proactively communicates change face-to-face in a way that results in buy-in from others. Carves out personal time to work on changing the organization initiatives. Focuses on strategic issues. Demonstrates that leading change is a critical core leadership competency for all leaders.
* Customer Focused - Expresses a consistent passion to exceed internal and external customer expectations, makes customer satisfaction a priority in all organizational decision making. Treats all employees like a best customer. Acts with a sense of urgency when responding to customers and coaches others to do the same.
* Builds High-Performance Teams - Resolves conflicts fairly in a spirit of cooperation. Builds consensus and leads team in setting appropriate goals. Recruits effectively and uses talents of group wisely.
* Develops Talent - Is an effective coach and makes training available. Provides objective performance feedback on a timely basis.
* Achieves Results - Overcomes obstacles to achieve results that set high standards for others and that positively impact the organization.
Turn Toward Great Benefits
* Work/Life (flextime, 9/80 work schedules offered where applicable)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle lease and purchase program
* Medical, dental and vision insurance (plus more)
* Generously matched 401(k)
* Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
* Open, collaborative work environment
* Opportunities for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We E-Verify.
Hyperlinks to E-Verify posters:
For E-Verify Poster Standard English, Click here.
For E-Verify Poster Spanish, Click here.
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work English, Click here
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work Spanish, Click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled