The Critical Prevention Counselor/Critical Intervention Specialist (CIS) manages a caseload of clients that are referred to us by the Harbor Regional Center (HRC), covering the Long Beach, Bellflower, Torrance, Hawthorne, and Harbor areas in the city of Los Angeles, including Catalina Island. The CIS will participate in weekly Clinical and Administrative meetings at our Long Beach office.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who has already graduated (or at the tail-end) from the Master's program for Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or another related field. He/She would be a road warrior; who would have no issues driving in and around the respective coverage area and responding to crisis within one hour. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience advocating, supporting, stabilizing, or working with those with either intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their inner and outer circle. He/She would be adaptable - being comfortable working independently in the field, but ready to jump in to a team meeting at the office.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, read below for more information about the expectations and what qualifications are required for the Critical Intervention Specialist.
Case Management duties include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting the client and collaborating with the circle of support/collateral contacts at least once a week, and daily submission of case notes.
- Periodically carry our crisis hotline rotation with the intent of de-escalating the situation and respond in-person if necessary.
- Develop Case Reviews and create Stabilization Plans for your client.
- Attend client meetings and Regional Center clinics as directed, as well as all workshops, trainings, and in-services.
- Attend and participate in clinical meetings with community resources (such as Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Physicians, Therapists, etc.).
- Required Master's Degree is required, preferably in Psychology, Counseling, Special Education, Social Work or a related field.
- Must have your own reliable means of transportation and be willing to commute to various settings to meet with the circle of support and the identified client (i.e., family homes, Adult Residential Facilities, day programs, schools, hospitals, etc.).
- Ability to work full-time, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Preferred One year experience in mental health providing counseling.
- Experience working with persons with Autism and experience utilizing ABA strategies.
- Spanish speakers are highly desired.
What we offer our employees:
- A positive, learning, and supportive work environment
- Base salary of $50,000 plus hotline stipends (adds approx. $3,000 annually) and quarterly bonus potential
- Language differential stipend (if applicable) Internet Stipend (during Remote Services only)
- Paid Mental Health time (8 hours per quarterly)
- We provide 1 hour of group supervision, 1 hour of case consultation, and up to 10 face-to-face hours each week for those seeking licensure hours for MFT, Social Work, and PCC, at no extra cost.
- Travel and mileage reimbursement
- Excellent clinical training program to all new hires and ongoing professional development
- Company computer and cell phone Competitive employee benefits package
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement program Vacation, sick time & leaves of absence, and 11 paid holidays
- Retirement 401k plan with company match after 1 year of full-time employment
What you need to know about CBEM (Creating Behavioral and Educational Momentum):
We are a growing agency that provides crisis intervention and prevention to persons diagnosed with developmental disabilities through critical case management and crisis hotline services. We serve persons of varying ages, disabilities, and needs. We operate according to our values of excellence, inclusively, integrity, and service. Our values help our company provide quality services to our clients and promote an enriching work environment. We are teamwork oriented and have an open door policy to promote communication and learn from each other. We want our employees to grow, not only within the position but also within the company. To accomplish this, we provide orientation trainings, case consultations, and opportunities for promotion.
To learn more about our company, our mission and values, please visit us at CBEM LLC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.