Rudolph Community and Care (RCC) is seeking Crisis Interventionist to join our team! The ideal Crisis Interventionist candidate will provide hands-on support to people with varying degrees of mental illnesses and/or developmental disabilities while being supportive and implementing their individual behavior/ treatment plan created by the Crisis Housing Director to rehabilitate and transition the consumer back to a permanent living situation.
RCC is a family owned company, providing unique approaches for adults and children with developmental disabilities and mental illness in the South West metro area. We are committed to providing person-centered, home care services to individuals seeking to increase their independence. It is the RCC philosophy that all individuals given the proper support at the proper time can achieve great success! Our Crisis Interventionist help build the foundation of this success by being the agent of change in the lives of the people we are honored to serve.
Crisis Interventionist Schedule:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct support, guidance, counseling, and assistance to clients in their homes
- Teach life skills and activities such as; house cleaning duties, cooking, organizational skills, financial management and self-care
- Follow programming as assigned in the Individual Abuse Prevention Plan (IAPP), Self-Monitoring Assessment (SMA) and the Coordinated Service and Support Plan and Addendum (CSSP)
- Monitor and maintain safety of client
- Implementing person-centered planning.
- Assist clients with planning and participating in recreational activities
- Monitor health care needs
- Monitors safety of the individuals, other staff and the environment
- Collaborates with the individuals and his/her team on writing new goals and/or modifying existing ones
- Administration of medication
- Drive and accompany individual to appointments
- Monitors health care needs, under limited supervision, ensuring the health and well being of the individual supported
- Maintain documentation, record keeping and participate in meetings/training
- Complete Medication Administration Record (MAR)
- Model behavior and mentors individual to increase daily living skills
- De-escalate maladaptive behavior
- Preform RCC trained manual restraints (EUMR) during behavioral incidents
- Participate in activities and social experiences within the community with individuals
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have 2+ years of supervised experience working with individuals who exhibit challenging behaviors as well as co-occurring mental disorders or a neurocognitive disorder.
- Associate's degree in social services discipline
- Basic math skills
- Basic domestic skills (cooking, cleaning, laundry)
- Judgment and decision-making skills to handle crisis situations and day- to- day events
- Ability to write narratives in grammatically correct sentences in English
- Communication skills adequate to relay information in English
- Valid Driver's License with a satisfactory record
- Maintains vehicle insurance
- Ability to pass Department of Human Services background check
RCC offers consistent and guaranteed schedules, paid orientation and training, career advancement opportunities. Dental benefits, Disability and life insurance, wellness program, 401K, Paid time off, and holiday pay.
RCC provides paid training to candidates who are qualified. RCC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participate in E-Verify.