The Affiliated Sante Group seeks Full Time, Part Time,�PRN�and overnight Mobile Crisis Specialists who will respond to behavioral health crisis needs on Maryland�s Eastern Shore. We have PRN positions available in Chestertown, Cambridge, and Salisbury. This is a PRN (as needed) position for 16 hours a week. The employee will assess, evaluate, and perform crisis intervention techniques, and will develop a crisis plan for continuation of services related to individual consumers. He or she will be responsible for all incident documentation, and will be the on-site resource for any relevant clinical information, as well as the liaison for collaboration with other involved parties including families, friends, and other community providers.
- Perform a danger assessment, a crisis assessment, an environmental assessment upon entry to the community setting and lethality assessment.
- Perform a psychological assessment (Licensed staff only)
- Perform an on scene assessment and treatment plan.
- Effectively perform crisis intervention including de-escalation, crisis planning and implementation.
- Design appropriate referral recommendations using available community resources.
- Competently make decisions about the need for an emergency petition, alternative psychiatric evaluation and/or involuntary commitment.
- Address population of child, adolescent, adult, dual-diagnosis, co-occurring and elderly.
- Work with families and involved persons to de-escalate the situation, make a crisis plan, and enlist cooperation with recommended treatment.
- Provide accurate clinical and legal information to family and involved persons related to recommendations and possibilities for treatment.
- Consult in an expert way to police, fire and other community agencies when asked to do so.
- Provide consultation and coordination to ER staff, if ER evaluation is necessary.
- Document interactions using CRS procedures, and communicate all documentation to the Operations Center.
- Must be able to work with police and be aware of police culture.
- Must familiarize oneself with police codes and language.
- Provide education in the community about the agency and all components of CRS when needed.�
�PRN Crisis Therapist Qualifications:
- Master�s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field of study�or�in final year of Master's program
- At least one year of relevant experience (can include internships).�Experience in mental health and substance abuse/ addictions
- LGSW license preferred
- Must have knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must be able to be trained on Electronic Consumer Record software
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle for extended periods of time and walk to wherever is necessary to perform assessment.
- Must possess a valid Driver�s License, proof of current automobile insurance and may not have more than two (2) points on their driving record.
Mobile Crisis Specialists for Eastern Shore Mobile Crisis are hired for our regional program.� While the primary workplace may be closest to the individual�s home, work assignments could be in any of the shore�s current locations (Cambridge, Chestertown, Elkton and Salisbury).� As we operate as a 365 day per year service,�Mobile Crisis Specialists must be available for day, evening,weekend and holiday shifts, as scheduled. Shift times are 9:00am-5:00pm, 4:00pm-Midnight, midnight - 8am and if requested by the staff person, 9:00am-Midnight. While every effort may be made to create a schedule that meets the individual staff person�s needs, the schedule is created first and foremost to meet the needs of the program.
Affiliated Sant� Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Affiliated Sant� Group participates in E-Verify.