Critical Care Anesthesiologist - M60035
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a Critical Care Anesthesiologist. The members of the Department of Anesthesiology (including teaching and research faculty, residents and nurse anesthetists) are committed to delivering the best possible anesthetic and critical care to our patients, to advancing the knowledge of the specialty, and to educating the next generation of clinicians.
- Provide patient care to patients at VCUHS as assigned by the Department Chair or Chair's delegate. This includes preanesthetic evaluation, intraoperative anesthetic care, postoperative rounds, resuscitation and intensive care, therapeutic/diagnostic nerve blocks and consultation in cases of chronic pain.
- Direct activities of nurse anesthetists as assigned by the Chair or Chair's delegate
- Provide bedside clinical teaching of residents, medical students, student nurse anesthetists and others.
- Participate in didactic teaching programs, attends conferences, rounds and staff meetings as required by Chair
- May pursue clinical or laboratory research and other scholarly interests independently, but within guidelines of the Institution and Department
- MD or DO
- ABA Board Eligible/certified in Anesthesiology and/or certified eligible for Critical Care Certification
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in Virginia
- Eligible for employment in US
- Good communication, clinical and teaching skills
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.