Stamford Hospital is a dynamic, non-profit, community hospital located in beautiful Stamford, Connecticut (30 miles north of New York City). The hospital has an academic affiliation with Columbia University’s Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, plus 4 independent residency programs.
We are actively accepting applications for experienced Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) for overnight critical care service coverage.
We have a team of qualified PA/NPs to cover the critical care unit. These PAs/NPs work under the close direction of an intensivist service and are integrated with our graduate medical education programs. The position is hospital based for coverage of medical ICU patients.
- Round on ICU patients, collaborate with the Intensivists, orders and interpret tests, order appropriate medications, manage ventilators, communicate with families, and perform critical care procedures such as central venous access, arterial lines, and intubations all within scope of practice.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary rounding.
- Consultation for potential ICU candidates from the ER, floor, or post-operative patients.
Education, License and Requirements:
- Current Connecticut State Licensed Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with National Certification
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills approved in the delineation of privileges
What We Offer:
- Brand-new 20 bed state of the art intensive care unit
- Highly attractive community to live and work in
- Competitive salary with benefits including health/dental/vision
- Convenient commute from NYC, NJ, and CT
- Opportunity for collaboration with PA Program from Sacred Heart University located on our campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interviews are taking place now. Please send letters of interest and resumes to Frances Johnson, Strategic Physician Recruitment Officer at FJohnson@stamhealth.org