POSITION SUMMARY: The Critical Care/Flight RN functions under the supervision of the General Manager. This position involves Critical Care EMS Ground Transportation and Critical Care Fixed Wing Services. The CCRN/CFRN assures provision of care to an assigned patient population in a professional manner, utilizing the nursing process and the principles of continuous Quality Improvement in collaboration with other health team members, including other employees and hospital staff of the different hospitals visited. The CCRN/CFRN must also be ready to perform other responsibilities such as inter-facility critical care ground and inter-facility flights.
KEY PERFORMANCE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Service Excellence
- Demonstrate Professionalism and Excellence in all things done when representing company
- Treat all people with courtesy and respect
- Practice Teamwork
- Self-Motivated and willing to help out wherever needed
- Daily Crew Duties (Peer Reviews, Daily Bag Checks, Narc Accountability, Hanger/ House Duties, Patient Follow Ups, Daily Crew Call)
- Both attendance and instruction of In House CEUs
- Public Relation Events
- The CCRN/FRN needs to be familiar and comply with standing protocols.
- Provide an environment conducive to safety for patients, families, employees, and other healthcare professionals.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a confined and mobile environment.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, Airport line men, and others.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to respond to phone calls quickly.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make decisions with a Medic partner.
- Ability to repeatedly twist, squat, stoop, bend, grasp, use fine hand coordination, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 100 lbs. independently and more with assistance.
- Exposure to infectious organisms, agents, and toxic chemicals.
- Ability to mix own medications, with correct knowledge of proper concentrations
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/ REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Texas State License
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in high an acuity setting.
- Obtain Texas EMS Certification EMT-B, EMT-I, or EMT-P within one (1) year of hire/
- Must have current BLS, ACLS,PALS
- NRP certification within 6 months of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
- Advanced trauma course (one of the following): ATLS, ATLS Audit, TPATC or ATCN with advanced pathophysiology and skills lab, TNCC with advanced pathophysiology and skills lab
- CCRN, CFRN or CEN will be required within 2 years of employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a surrounding states licenses
- Completion of NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800 within one year of hire is expected.
- Must meet weight requirements (220lbs)
- Must be able to successfully pass initial flight physiology in-house course.
Job Type: Full-time