Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting multiple Critical Care Registered Nurses (RN) to support the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System located at 6900 North Pecos Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89086. Multiple shift schedules are available. Competitive PRN pay packages are available to qualified candidates.
The Critical Care RNs provide direct and indirect nursing care in the following areas of assignment: Intensive Care Units, Recovery Rooms, Cardiovascular Labs, Emergency Rooms, Operating Rooms, and Gastro-Intestinal (GI) Labs. Critical Care RNs contribute to assessing patients, setting priorities, identifying therapeutic objectives and nursing measures, and evaluating outcomes. Essential skills to this position are independent judgment and nursing actions, flexibility, organizational skills, and the ability to utilize an interdisciplinary approach in the provision of nursing care.
Ansible is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of health care, national security, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
The services of Critical Care Registered Nurses shall be provided in accordance with the policies of the VA healthcare system where assigned. The Critical Care RNs provide the following services:
- Provides critical care nursing to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients.
- Performs scrub and circulating duties in the Cardiovascular Lab and the Operating Room.
- Assists with the GI Lab procedures and demonstrates competency in monitoring patients undergoing conscious sedation.
- Obtains patient history and pertinent family history.
- Assesses patient and plans appropriate nursing care.
- Documents plan of care and care given in patient’s medical record.
- Verifies transcription of Physician orders; no verbal orders are to be accepted.
- Carries out prescribed Physician orders and documents inpatient medical record.
- Communicates pertinent patient data to the Charge Nurse and/or Physician as appropriate.
- Re-assesses patient’s condition and revises plans-of-care based on problems that are identified.
- Administers medications and Intravenous (IV) therapies.
- Possesses knowledge of actions and usual dosages of the most commonly used emergency drugs and their location on the crash cart.
- Assesses and documents patient responses to medications that have been administered.
- Can interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications.
- Reorganizes and initiates the appropriate measures in emergencies/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished.
- Instructs patients and their families regarding prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished.
- Assesses patient/family knowledge level, implements plan of instructions, and records the patient’s family’s demonstrated level of understanding.
- Operates defibrillator, electrocardiogram (EKG) machines and cardiac monitors, and other emergency technical equipment.
- Cares for patients with Swan-Gans catheters, arterial lines and mechanical ventilators.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Can initiate life saving measures in the absence of Physicians.
- Assures the content and correctness of a prepared report and signs the document to validate its content.
- Maintains a neat personal appearance and maintains professional decorum.
- Consistently applies the VA’s customer service standards, always demonstrating helpful, courteous, and respectful conduct.
- Respects patient rights, including but not limited to visual and auditory privacy.
- May accept a verbal order in compliance with the facility policy.
- Intake and output of fluids assessed every shift, and more frequently if indicated by specific standard nursing drug care.
- Reviews all laboratory data and electronic medical records.
- Can titrate medications.
- Can be responsible for feeding tubes which are aspirated for gastric residue prior to every intermittent feed, and every four hours for continuous tube feedings.
- Performs urinary catheter care by using soap and water cleaning technique every 12 hours, or as required.
- Ensures that medication orders from the previous shift have been noted and either carried out or transcribed onto the medical records.
- Must be able to rotate through the following areas and perform associated functions of these areas: Catheterization Laboratory, Cardiac Ambulatory Center (CAC), Electrophysiology (EP) Lab, Interventional Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Lab, and Gastroenterology
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse academic program (BSN or ADN)
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in at least one state, territory, or commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- American Health Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Two (2) years of recent Critical Care RN work experience is required
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.