Our client is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America. They are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
Lead Analyst / Critical Incident Mgmt Lead
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the mitigation of high priority incidents as quickly as possible with the goal of minimizing impacts to our callers and customers. The Incident Mgmt Lead will exercise agile project management techniques for facilitation of technology incidents, coordinating/running bridge calls, and engaging the correct resources to achieve this goal. The best candidates for the role have a strong comprehension of incident response at a technical level, can command a meeting and crisis, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incidents.
• Assume primary responsibility for monitoring and assessing potential impact of local and global events for users and customers
• Prepare notifications and status of all incidents to high level internal leadership while managing SLA's.
• Identifies major incidents and escalates via the Critical Incident Management (CIM) Process. Ensuring all Major Incident Process guidelines are followed and all Service Level Guidelines are met during Major Incidents.
• Proactively escalate impacting events, establish and facilitate bridge calls, engage resolvers, and coordinate the resolution.
• Takes a command and control role as Incident Manager during critical incidents focusing on minimizing MTTR.
• During a critical event, be responsible for logging and reporting on the timeline of activities and responses. Keep accurate record of incident timelines and supporting artifacts.
• Works to develop, maintain, and report on SLAs set by the company, ensuring that services are delivered within the defined thresholds.
• Act as an escalation point, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, and effective communication to stakeholders, along with post incident review.
• Ensure post-incident activities, such as incident summary reports and reason for outage reports, are managed through to delivery.
• Identifies, evaluates and executes preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the consumer experience.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
• Execute trouble-shooting steps and create incident documentation with proper technical details. Review of incident data to ensure the completeness and quality of the information collected. Clearly and concisely communicate incident details both verbally and written in the form of Incident communications.
• Review of the execution of the incident process to identify opportunities for improvement in the process (missed SLAs, gaps in execution or response). Documentation of and revision to existing processes, with the end goal of improving quality of services offered to customers by technology teams.
• Create documentation for Service Desk and Command Center Analysts.
• Proficiency with standard office computer and web applications (i.e. Microsoft or Google Office Suites).
• 4-6 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
• Strong understanding of Information Technology
• Knowledge of technology SLA’s and OLA’s, as well as technology governance, risk, and compliance
• Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical thinking
• Ability to communicate with both onshore and offshore teams
• Ability to work a 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM schedule
• 3-5 years’ work experience in Incident Management.
• Infrastructure support and management experience in Mainframe, distributed systems, network, and storage.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred.
• ITIL Certification for Incident, Problem, and Change Management is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 3+ years of experience providing first level support for enterprise IT systems in a corporate setting, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents
• 3+ years of experience in software installation and support
• 2+ years of experience writing IT technical documentation
• 2+ years of work experience in a business role requiring interaction with senior leadership
If you are interested in this position contact Erin Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178