Ascent, LLC is a leading provider of comprehensive solutions for the planning, design, engineering, development, and operation of data centers and other mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Saint Louis, MO, Ascent specializes in powerful, efficient, and technologically advanced mission critical facilities and offers clients a broad range of delivery models spanning shell & core, build-to-suit, turnkey, and outsourced critical systems operations. Founded in 1998, Ascent provides a full spectrum of fast track services that include project programming, design management, facility assessment, development and construction management, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance operations. Today, Ascent focuses on providing clients with innovative solutions and services yielding the highest levels of operational autonomy, efficiency, and control. Ascents clients include some of the most demanding mission critical organizations spanning multiple industries, Fortune 500 firms, and service providers. Our business is growing fast and we are currently seeking a talented Critical Systems Technician for the operation of a data center facility.
Critical Systems Technician
- Assist in providing on-site field coordination supervision and project management support for the operation of a data center.
- Assist in management of mission critical equipment used to operate and maintain a data center.
- Assist in management of systems and physical environment integration (life safety, mechanical, plumbing, and power related activities and issues).
- Report discrepancies and trends to the Critical Facilities Manager, operations team and clients.
- Assist in managing preventative and emergency maintenance schedules and procedures for building systems; identify back-up and replacement inventory needs for critical systems.
- Assist in overseeing all maintenance schedules and providers.
- Provide on-call support (24x7).
- Assist in updates of standard practices consistent for data center operations and equipment.
- Oversee and coordinate sub-contractors to assure proper installation of equipment and delivery of maintenance services.
- Troubleshoot emergencies, equipment problems, and technical issues, organize and oversee resolutions.
- Provide ongoing technical support, management and oversight of vendors as necessary.
- Completes daily inspections.
- Complete inspections and maintenance. Scheduled maintenance may include, but is not limited to, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annual equipment maintenance.
- Self-perform numerous Electrical/HVAC preventative maintenance activities including but not limited to:
- Filter changes
- Generator operating tests
- UPS/ATS/STS transfer tests and operation
- Provide field technical support related to redundancy, reliability and maintainability for the data center:
- Current needs
- Long-term objectives and strategic planning
- Primary focus shall be on uptime (99.9999%) and cost saving opportunities
- Supported by Ascent Corporate Engineering group
- Assist in development and implementation of Ascent’s Change Control Program
- Method of Procedure (MOP), Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), and Emergency Recovery Procedure (ERP) development
- Assist CFM as administrator for onsite Critical Facility Work Rules
- Vendor onboarding and familiarization
- Safety inspections and adherence to Ascent safety policies.
- Administrative policies/procedures
- Scope of Work standards
- Spare parts management
- Reporting development
- Life Cycle Replacement Strategy
- 3+ years of experience as a Critical Systems Technician or other relevant experience
- BS or Technical Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Field or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of construction planning, mechanical or electrical systems necessary, building controls, fire systems, and security systems.
- Knowledge of building automation systems.
- Possess Electrical/HVAC certifications (preferred)
- Candidate must be technically proficient in planning and scheduling, and exhibit excellent organizational skills.
- Candidate must possess strong communication skills, the ability to lead coordination meetings and actively facilitate progress in order to achieve scheduled goals.
- Candidate must have people skills, good judgment, and flexibility
- Qualified candidate will be able to work cooperatively with internal administration groups, and effectively contend with customers and contractors to reach mutually acceptable terms and conditions.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project. Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
This position reports to the Critical Facilities Manager
Ascent, LLC offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, casual work environment and more.
Ascent, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer