St. Joseph’s Health is recognized for the expertise and compassion of its highly skilled and responsive staff. The combined efforts of the organization’s outstanding physicians, superb nurses, and dedicated clinical and professional staff have made us one of the most highly respected healthcare organizations in the state, the largest employer in Passaic County, and one of the nation’s “100 Best Places to Work in Health Care”.
A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN), who practices both autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of healthcare providers on the interprofessional team in order to deliver high-quality, holistic, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services. The CRNA cares for patients at all acuity levels across the lifespan in a variety of settings for procedures including, but not limited to, surgical, obstetrical , diagnostic, therapeutic, and pain management.
- Holds current active New Jersey licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of New Jersey and complies with any applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor
- Currently certified or recertified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state
- ACLS certification required