Crop Consultant – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Fieldton, TX, USA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the branch manager, the crop consultant is responsible for managing customer accounts within their assigned territory. This position is responsible for maximizing customer and company profitability, providing solutions to meet customer’s requirements, performing all business tasks safely and efficiently, and other duties as assigned.
What you will do:
- Sells company products and services by managing existing and attracting new customers.
- Maintains sales programs within assigned territory
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- Responsible to continue education on marketing techniques, products and services
- Initiates crop trials that will support marketing efforts
- Interprets soil, tissue and water analysis and provides product recommendations based on results
- Researches and responds to technical inquiries
- Develops sales programs for proprietary Loveland Products to customers including value added nutrition, seed, crop protection and adjuvants.
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility with customers.
- Maintains and builds customer service thru primary contact between your customers and Nutrien branch for sales activities (orders, deliveries, custom app, credit, etc.)
- Present professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in soil or weed science, agronomy, crop production or a combination of work and sales experience in ag sales.
- Knowledge of agricultural production, practices and product features, benefits and use
- Interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers.
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.