Position Description: Crossing Guard/Playground Monitor
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Classified Compensation Plan Level 1(Beginning Salary $12.00), 9-Month Work Calendar; Part-Time - Up to 20 Hours/Week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To ensure safety and security in the lunch and playground areas around lunch time.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (Essential Functions)
- Follow duty schedules as prescribed by the building administrator/immediate supervisor.
- Work cooperatively with principals to carry out duties as prescribed principal.
- Supervise students (small or large group) in at designated crossings.
- Supervise students at designated street crossings, and for other activities as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain requested/required records, reports, and other documents.
- Assist in lifting, carrying and moving students when necessary.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report areas of concern regarding discipline witnessed in the area of the designated street
- Report any traffic violations related to student crossing to the building administrator/immediate supervisor.
- Report safety concerns to the immediate supervisor/building principal.
- Communicate with students/teachers/parents/community in a manner that fosters positive
relationships for the school system. Discretion is critical in terms of communication with
parents concerning children.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
- Skill in observing the activities of others.
- Skill in communicating verbally.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stay alert and monitor the activities of children. Ability to stand for long periods of time in various weather conditions. Bilingual preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at last 18 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or GED.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. The Maricopa Unified School District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973