Support Staff/Crossing Guard
Anza Trail School
CONTRACT TERMS: 10 month (2 Hours/day)
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff Salary Schedule – Group A
Assists children and others in crossing intersection or designated crosswalk on the way to and from school in the morning and in the afternoon. Protects the safety of children and other pedestrians at all times while on duty.
- Directs actions of children at street intersections or designated crossing points;
- Escorts students and any pedestrians using school crossings, across the street;
- Records license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals and stop signs of guard and reports them to site administrator or law enforcement;
- Places caution signs at designated points before duty hour and removes them at end of shift, returning to appropriate storage location;
- Incumbent will exhibit patience, courtesy and tact in dealing with others;
- Other duties may be assigned.
A. REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED, preferred;
- No prior experience required;
- Ability to communicate and work well with staff;
- Knowledge of traffic laws as exhibited by possession of a driver's license or passing score on a motor vehicle assessment;
- Basic knowledge of safety practices and first aid.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs;
- Ability to perform duties requiring extensive walking, standing and bending;
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces;
- Ability to tolerate varied outdoor weather and climatic conditions, including extreme temperature conditions, including expose to direct sun.
- COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY
- Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful team;
- Dedication to providing the highest level of service;
- Willingness to adhere to policies and procedures.
A. TIME MANAGEMENT: Routine work with little planning required;
B. STRESS MANAGEMENT: Minimal stress involved with work;
C. PUBLIC CONTACT: Requires extensive contact with public;
D. LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Must use sound judgment in performing work.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in Governing
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to school/site administration
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online. To view similar jobs and for more information on our District, please go to www.susd30.us