Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
To learn more about the Emerald Coast, click here:
We are seeking a skilled client support administrator (CSA) to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract, to provide the Air Force information technology (IT) services. Position will be located at Eglin AFB, FL.
The successful candidate will support the Norway / Italy Reprogramming Laboratory (NIRL), part of the F-35 Partner Support Complex (PSC) at Eglin AFB, FL. Required support includes, but may not be limited to, providing first-line response and assistance to solve customers' administrative and technical problems on client-level workstations and end user devices, their operating systems, peripherals, and applications.
As such, the CSA is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop computer or related devices. Given this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances. Perform Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support.
The candidate will provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, fax, on-line systems and in person. Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements. Provide prompt responses to users for problem resolution. Responsibilities include informing users of pertinent network information including planned network downtime. Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection, system patches, software updates. Temporary travel may be required.
The successful candidate will apply his or her experience with and knowledge of wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment to perform the following tasks:
- Install, configure, and maintain end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment, such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Ensure limited user access and access permissions on computer systems are imposed and maintained
- Provide technical and product support, and assist customers with setup (email, browsers, printers, files, etc.)
- Work closely with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for data transfers and media creation
- Facilitate and coordinate user account creation and modification.
- Manage user support
- Positions require an active/valid SECRET through TS/SCI-eligible clearance with an investigation close date no older than 5.5 years at the time of application.
- Must be clearable to TS/SCI-eligible using prescribed USG.
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification or better (i.e. Security+ CE or better).
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the configuration and installation of new PCs, installation of needed peripherals and software, and physical attachment of PC to network.
- AS degree in information systems or computer science and two (2) of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- Microsoft Certified Professional highly desired.
- Formal training in Microsoft hardware and software systems highly desired.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 10, DNS, WINS, Active Directory and Exchange, and Microsoft Office Suite products is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities
- Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to team environment
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision and/or unsupervised.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal politely and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual
environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.