https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
GuidePoint Security LLC is in need of a CSOC Analyst that wants to be part of a small contract team supporting SOC Operations with an important customer. Multi-tasker who is able to work effectively on a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills
- Must have the ability and prior experience with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes the identification of malicious code present within a computer system as well identification of malicious activities present within a computer system and/or enterprise network.
- Must have experience working with a ticket management system to collect, document and maintain information pertinent to security investigations and incidents
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings
- Must possess experience in monitoring the operational status of monitoring components and escalating and reporting outages of the components
- Must possess a working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks. A conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Must have experience working with various event logging systems and must be proficient in the review of security event log analysis. Previous experience with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms such as Arcsight, that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is also required.
- Must have experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Must possess experience in collecting and maintaining information pertinent to security investigations and incidents in a format that supports analysis, situational awareness reporting, and law enforcement investigation efforts
- Education: Bachelor's degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, Master's degree preferred
- Certification: Requires a CND-IR certification (CEH Preferred)
- Clearance Requirements: Top Secret with SCI
- Years of Experience: 1-3 / 3-5 + years of experience working in a network security operations center environment performing security event monitoring and analysis
- Hours: 24x7 Shift Work (0600-1800; 1800-0600)
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.