This position is responsible for providing the daily resource support to the operating room and the hospital related to equipment, instrumentation and surgical supplies. The Technician coordinates the activities engaged in decontaminating, cleaning, processing and assembling, storing and distributing sterile trays and supplies utilized for the care, treatment of Operating Room patients.
• High School Diploma.
• Must be a graduate of a state approved, accredited school of Surgical Technology or Central Service, or certified as a surgical technology and/or Central Services Technician
• Thorough knowledge of handling and cleaning of all medical equipment per recommended infection control guidelines.
• Thorough knowledge of sterile technique as it relates to handling of disposable supplies.
• Able to mobilize equipment timely to areas needing equipment.
• Assists with performing stock inventories and restocking of supplies or instrumentation for operating room or CSPD as need arises.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
• Thorough knowledge of all surgical instruments and supplies utilized within the perioperative arena.
• Knowledge of sterile technique as it applies to supply distribution and sterile instrument processing.
• Ability to speak, read, and writes English.
• Displays behaviors conducive to excellent customer service.
• Computer literacy preferred.
• 6 months minimum experience in Central Sterile Processing. (1 year + preferred)
• Surgical Technology or Central Service Technician Certificate preferred at time of hire, required within one year of employment.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$45457.htmld