Job Summary: Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall strategic human resources leadership to the organization. Lead the development and implementation of human resources programs, services and policies. Areas of focus include employee relations, HR best practices, recruitment, internal workplace investigations, onboarding, training and development, HR compliance; and team member communications. The Human Resources Manager will be part of our leadership circle to support the execution of organizational strategies. This position is responsible for the overall tracking and administration of performance management, job description management and corporate-wide employee recognition programs. The HR Manager oversees the day-to-day tasks of the Human Resource office and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supports Human Resources Director in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the Organization.
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services provided.
• Serve as a role model, demonstrating the value proposition for diversity and inclusion and advocating the company’s culture and mission.
• Employee relations counseling; provide management support on policy interpretation, enforcement and the application of employment laws; coach and counsel management and employees to resolve conflict; investigate and respond to employee complaints.
• Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
• Coach and develop high performing leaders and drive team member retention, development and overall performance.
• Administers Workers’ Compensation program, including processing and managing Workers’ Compensation claims; OSHA regulations and compliance.
• Supports HR Director in managing safety programs, including, training development, corporate-wide safety committee, Injury Illness Prevention Plan, Emergency Preparedness and Evacuation Plans.
• Manages recruitment site and applicant tracking system.
• Manages recruitment and hiring process; including, onboarding cycle for non-exempt, exempt, part-time and temporary positions; fosters business relationships with staffing agencies; conducts pre-hire screening, background and reference checks; processes internal, state and federally required new hire paperwork; writes and places job advertisements.
• Maintains job description library and incoming requests for job descriptions development or revisions.
• Maintains salary structures and organization charts; supports completion of annual industry salary surveys, and compensation analysis studies, especially as it relates to recruitment and hiring data.
• Manages new employee orientations, new leader training and employee development programs; including, participation tracking and progression reports.
• Supports employee performance evaluation tracking for all employees.
• Maintains employee handbook and HR policy and procedures library.
• Develops and maintains EEOC compliance, maintains applicant and recruitment records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned, which are reasonably within the scope of the job.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field; 5+ years of experience in H.R. management and training; or equivalent combination of education and senior experience. Diverse experience in recruitment, training and job description development, preferred.
• Experience building and implementing HR practices, policies and procedures.
• Proficient understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, Title IX.
• Diverse experience in managing a wide range of Human Resources functions and personnel matters.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints using good judgment and discretion.
• Ability to take initiative and apply analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpretation skills with the ability to train, persuade and partner with all organizational levels.
• Must have excellent experience and knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office; Word/Excel/Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must have experience in working with ADP.
• Must have experience with payroll and benefits administration & compliance, including pension plans.
• Must have experience with Leave of Absence administration.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence in a dynamic, fast passed environment.
• Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. 49er Shop will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current 49er Shop employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises and renders guidance to all staff within their department, under their immediate direction, including interns. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the 49er Shops, Inc. policies and procedures.
Physical Demands: The job will require the employee to work in an office environment while working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for long periods of time. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use office equipment within arm’s reach. Specific vision abilities are required, which may include close vision and ability to adjust focus. There will be time spent intermittently on their feet and moving around in a large building as well as walking to our satellite locations on the CSU Long Beach campus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must comply with the University’s rules and regulations as well as the 49er Shops, Inc.
Work Environment: The employee is typically in a climate-controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Work content requires numerous regulatory and reporting deadlines on a consistent basis.
Background Check Requirement: A background check (including criminal records) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the 49er Shops. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
This position offers the following benefits:
- RETIREMENT PLAN