CT / MRI Technologist (Contrast IV)- Plainview Hospital (per diem)Job Number:003CYU
Description-Operates Computed Tomography (CT) and/or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment, prepares patients for examination, ensures that proper information has been obtained for the physician to make a diagnosis. Assists in the management of patient flow and presents images mounted for physician�s diagnosis.
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Explains procedure in easy-to-understand terms based on professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
- Sets up equipment to administer the proper procedure in a timely fashion.
- Ensures consent form for I.V. contrast materials has been obtained.
- Performs CT/MRI procedures to include: abdominal, thoracic, all neurological exams, extremities, sub-periosteal implant planning, radiation therapy treatment planning, biopsies, etc.
- Prepares patient for exam by placing patient on the exam table, positioning within the gantry.
- Keys in patient history data and other pertinent information obtained from a requisition completed by the Radiologist to include anatomical area of interest, slice thickness and couch increment.
- Calculates the number of scans to be obtained based on patient size, and operates CT/MRI insuring that the required images were obtained as ordered by the Radiologist.
- Locates Radiologist to review and ascertain whether additional scanning is required.
- Transmits cases to on-call Radiologist through use of Tele-Radiology system.
- Operates equipment for the transfer of computed images to film, the archival of disc memory to optical disk and/or a picture archiving and communication system (PACS).
- Administers intravenous (IV) and oral contrast agents as per Radiologist order:
- Verifies that there are no contraindications to administration of the IV contrast agent.
- Calculates contrast dose based on patient’s weight.
- Performs venipuncture of the appropriate gauge necessary for examination.
- Explains, in layman’s terms, the administration of IV contrast and completes the IV Contrast Information Sheet with information provided by the patient, family member or health care proxy.
- Utilizes appropriate flush technique for an existing IV line.
- Utilizes power injector to administer IV contrast.
- Recognizes and assists in the treatment contrast agent reactions.
- Recognizes and assists in the treatment of IV extravasations.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program.
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.) required for positions filled after September 5, 2010. ARRT registration in Computed Tomography (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) required within eighteen (18) months of entry date into position filled after September 5, 2010.
- Certification in IV Contrast Administration required within six (6) months of entry date into position.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification, required.
- Previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist, required. Previous CT or MRI experience, preferred.
Finance Job Family:ALH_AK
Primary Location:Nassau County-Plainview-Plainview Hospital
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:7:00 AM-3:00 PM
Job Level:Team Member