Performs radiographic and computerized axial tomography procedures on all age groups in accordance with established professional and departmental standards and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs routine radiographic procedures and special computerized tomography procedures consistent with established quality standards and the need of the patient.
- Performs daily quality assurance testing on CT unit and emergency equipment and maintains appropriate records as required by department procedure.
- Confers with the supervisor to report problems relative to equipment, staffing and productivity and makes recommendations relative to them.
- Obtains pertinent clinical data prior to diagnostic examination, supervises the preparation of patients, and records significant data. Appropriately prioritizes patients in work-flow. Provides care for physically and mentally compromised patients.
- Ensures efficient patient flow through scanner area through effective scheduling and assignment of responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate storage and routing of supplies in the CT area; monitors supplies and report shortages as requires.
- Maintains a daily activities log and procedures manual, complies data and issues monthly report as required.
- Participates in orientation, on-the-job training, and in-service activities as requested; demonstrates C T equipment and procedures as requested.
- Assists the physician in performing interventional CT procedures. Assists physician in emergency situations and adverse contrast reactions.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and development on in-services and cross training programs consistent with performance objectives and training needs of employees.
- Successful completion of a two-year radiological technology program in AMA approved educational institution.
- A minimum of one year as a radiologic technologist and either one year CT experience or the successful completion of in-house CT cross-training program
Current State of Maryland licensure. American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.