Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
FT 9p-930a, Rotating Weekends. Call And Holidays Required
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs quality CT scan studies upon orders of licensed practitioner.
- Verifies physician order prior to scanning
- Checks with physician, floor RN, Radiologist if clarification of orders are needed.
- Always uses two types of patient identifiers (name and date of birth) matched with arm band.
- Assures radiation protection to the patient according to FACIOD-91
- Performs Time out procedure and Hand-Off communication procedure for invasive exams.
- Assures radiation protection to staff and self according to FACIOD-91.
- Assures proper positioning and protocol for each exam and provides quality post processed images.
- Obtains complete, current history of patient and reason for exam.
- Accurate data input in Star in correct exam order.
- Accurate notes in PACS upon completion of study and verification of all images sent to PACS for each exam.
- Accurate use of Injector usage and safety.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- completion of 2-year Radiology program
- 0-2 year’s experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- ARRT, RT, CT required
- Respirator Fit Test up to date
- Current Venipuncture competency
This position contributes to the goals of the department by providing quality CT scanning services to those patients from infancy through geriatrics undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Imaging Services. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Obtains patient history, explains standard procedures and addresses patient concerns. Produces computerized tomographic images of specific areas as required by the departmental protocols.