South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
* Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
* Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
* Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
* Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
* Adheres to policy, procedures, protocols, mission statements.
* Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
* Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
* Acquires patient's clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
* Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
* Assesses radiographic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
* Applies principles of radiation safety to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
* Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
* Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication injection with and without use of power injectors.
* Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reaction to contrast medication and/or other emergencies
* Applies sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
* Assists in supervision of student technologists and training of new technologists.
* Utilizes all Corporate Radiology computer systems effectively and accurately.
* Ensures safety of patients.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
* Maintains well-stocked and organized work areas.
* May be required to work at any hospital facility.
* Provides patient transport.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a CT Technologist to join our team. Interested candidates will have the following..
* Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
* Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
* Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
* Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled