Organization: Adventist Health Bakersfield
Primary Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2019, 8:19:03 PM
Shift: Night Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a CT Technologist who:
Operates computed tomography (CT) equipment, producing cross-sectional images of patients' bones, organs and tissue that are used to diagnose medical conditions. Performs a variety of imaging procedures not limited to CT, including general radiography and fluoroscopy.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for patients ranging in age from adolescence through geriatric.
- Produces sagittal and coronal reformatted images for radiologist interpretation.
- Uses PACS and teleradiology system to correctly transfer images to the appropriate location.
- Maintains accurate records, files and billing information. Ensures the integrity of patient medical images and data while adhering to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other patient confidentiality guidelines and regulations.
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration of equipment and manages supply inventory.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology: Preferred
- CALIFORNIA and OREGONAdvanced Certification in the modality of CT: Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Fluoroscopy license in state of employment: Preferred
- Venipuncture certification: Preferred
- HAWAIIAdvanced Certification in the modality of CT: Preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; R.T. (R)(CT)(ARRT): Required
- CALIFORNIACertification as a Radiologic Technologist (CRT): Required