The CT Technologist must hold all certifications and licenses related to their scope of practice. S/he must be able to handle a high volume, fast paced environment with a pleasant disposition. S/he is responsible for maintaining all quality control records, ACR accreditation forms and daily logs for modality specific areas. S/he must be proficient in the use of computer software, ie: PACS, eRad, and Athena Clinical and Communicator. S/he must obtain a detailed history on every exam performed in their specific modality for presentation to the Radiologist. S/he must be able to perform all special procedures and biopsies daily as needed. S/he must be able to multi task with attention to detail. S/he must read and respond to communication from manager in a timely manner. S/he must follow all safety protocol to ensure safety of patients and equipment. All other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Approaches change or newness positively- Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth, focuses on the beneficial aspects of change, speaks positively about the change to others.
- Acknowledges the person-greet customers promptly and courteously, gives customers full attention.
- Actively listens- Handles upset customers by hearing the customer out, empathizing apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for resolving customer problem/issues.
- Checks Equipment- monitors and checks equipment and work area in order to ensure operational and safety compliance.
- Demonstrates concern and empathy to patients. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility and performs procedures in a caring, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Performs examinations in accordance with established standing operation procedures and routines accurately and in a timely manner. Responsible for Imaging, recording and processing images.
- Obtains and document a complete patient history as it relates to the procedure ordered, obtains informed consent in accordance with departmental policy and procedure.
- Maintains effective communication with patient provides; explanation of procedures within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting (patient case) in Athena. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with radiologist regarding unusual clinical findings, history, test results and or their implication.
- Ensures physician order for procedure is entered accurately. Consults appropriate resources to clarify unfamiliar or questionable orders.
- Optimize use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring high level of clinical care at lowest cost. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety or quality of care.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring orders match diagnosis to ensure proper reimbursement for services.
- Demonstrates a patient first approach to care/Introduces self and role to patient. Acts as a patient advocate in keeping the best interests and care of the patient at the forefront at all times.
- Willingly assists co-workers to achieve goals. Acts as a resource to co-workers as appropriate.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organization, educational opportunities, etc.
- Acts as an "ambassador" for MPG by promoting a professional and positive image of the organizations capabilities and services to the public.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people.
Compassion - The responsibility to put a patient's or person's interests first, including the duty not to harm, deliver proper care, and maintain confidentiality.
Communication - Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Good listening skills.
Compliance - Employee has satisfactory completed employers required compliance training.
Employee is able to demonstrate an understanding of employers Code of Conduct.
Dependability - Meets commitments, deliverables, deadlines, work independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Energy - Consistently maintaining a high activity or productivity level; sustaining long work hours.
Humility/ Respect - Being courteously respectful of others. Awareness of oneself in relation to others, having a clear perspective and respect for one's place in context and of others.
Integrity - Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms is conducting internal and external business activities.
Judgement/ Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Patient Service Orientation - Proactively developing patient/customer relations by making efforts to listen and understand the customer and their needs (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to patient/customer satisfaction. Ensures appropriate follow up and is their advocate in determining solutions. The employee uses a variety of communication techniques to effectively express thoughts and ideas and to understand or influence.
Quality Orientation/ Attention to detail - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Results Driven& Execution - Accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or department goals and objectives. Committed to producing results that will achieve company objectives. Sets priorities and organizes time to meet or exceed goals, follows up, and takes personal responsibility for results whether they are positive or negative. Team work/ Collaboration - Working effectively with team/work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., peers, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team. Listens to others and values opinions.
Technological /Professional knowledge - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
Work Standards - Setting high goals or standards of performance for self, direct reports, others, and the organization; being dissatisfied with average performance; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed by others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or accredited radiologic school; six months to one year related experience and/or training (preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PACS, eRad, Athena Database software; Microsoft Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
State of Florida Radiologic Technologist, BLS, RT(R), RT(CT) or exam pass in 1 year of start date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of radiation. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on the business activity of the office.0