We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Perform radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to supply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assume responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required. This position reports to the Cat Scan Manager. Performs related duties as assigned.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
- Education: Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic Technology training in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements for registry by ARRT.
- Licensure: Registered with the ARRT in Radiography and CT.
- Experience: Prefer 1 year of experience in CT.
- Certifications: Must have American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card or complete a course within a probation period.
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Technical skill in Medical Scanning, understanding of cross-sectional anatomy, 3-D knowledge, computer skills (PACS, HIS/RIS, QC, workstations), power injectors, and CPR. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: This individual must be capable of: manipulating equipment, evaluate and select proper exposure factors, evaluate images, lifting, moving, and transporting patients, continual standing and walking, adapt to stressful and emergent situations, and have good communication skills. Equipment Used: This individual must be proficient in the use of CT Scanners, power injectors, workstations, and computers.
- Preferred Experience: Prefer 1 year experience.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.