CT TechnologistDepartment:CT ScanReq Num:8763Schedule:Part Time -Shift:WeekendsHours:12 hr/wk Every other Weekend 10:30a-10:30pHours Per Pay Period:12Job Details:
- Under the direct supervision of a Radiologist the CT Technologist performs exams at a technical level that does not require direct supervision over technical detail. This position requires advanced medical imaging knowledge, including skill in cross-sectional anatomy. A complete knowledge of all types of diagnostic CT exams and interventional procedures is required. Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and acquired knowledge to obtain quality diagnostic images. Assists with interventional procedures.
- Interviews patients, explains procedures and risks, prepares patient and sets up for examination.
- Schedules tests, determines appropriate protocol through patient's history and conferring with patient's physician and/or radiologist. Integrates with HIS, RIS, and PACS systems for patient updates.
- Conducts appropriate procedure utilizing the predetermined protocol. Acquires images, reviews, and sends to PACS with final verification of images.
- Maintains accreditation status with ACR standards.
- Chooses appropriate computer functions for post-processing of images.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient care area and working environment.
- Responsible for patient's well-being before, during, and/or after scan.
- Proficient in the appropriate use of the power injector for the time delivery of contrast during the acquisition of images.
- Assists radiologist in specialized procedures such as tumor localization and guided biopsies.
- Assures that patient's clinical data coincides with and matches the type of exam that is being ordered. Follows up with Doctor's office when exam ordered is in question and does not seem reasonable given the patient's clinical record.
- Assures female patients of child bearing ages are screened for possibility of pregnancy.
- Demonstrates skill in IV insertion.
- Documents exams into radiology system to ensure proper billing.
- Processes CT exams utilizing the teleradiology system during off shift hours. Able to trouble shoot problems and contact correct help lines if necessary.
- Performs quality assurance in accordance with the American College of Radiology guidelines for CT.
- Transports patients when needed.
- Must be able to speak, read and write effectively using the English language.
- This position requires the incumbent work cooperatively with department staff by sharing in holiday hours.
- Follow the guidelines of ALARA.
- Responsible for adhering to all radiation protection standards and for donning all radiation protection apparel inclusive of wearing and changing of current monitoring devices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; graduate of an ARRT approved Radiological Technology School program is required.
- Registration and certification with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists and licensure with the State of Connecticut are required.
- Must remain current with ARRT continuing education requirements and maintain an active ARRT certificate.
- Advanced certification from the ARRT in Computerized Tomography is expected from the incumbent within one year of hire.
- Must have a full knowledge of CT exams and interventional procedures. Technologist must be capable of performing exams independently.
- Must have a complete working knowledge in the principals of physics, anatomy, medical terminology, sterile technique and radiation protection as it relates to CT practice.