Join the EmergencyMD team and let us EXPOSE your best qualities, start a healthcare career with us today!
Our facility is state of the art. We are revolutionizing the healthcare industry by providing innovative advanced urgent care to patients as an affordable alternative to the Emergency Department.
We offer flexible scheduling, an annual medical stipend, company matched 401k and a boisterous work environment.
The CT Technologist conducts scans, prepare patients for diagnostic procedures by explaining the process and positioning the patients to correctly capture the images requested by the physicians. This includes modalities of CT / DR / CR X-ray. CT Technician sends images over PACS to consulting radiologists and receives reports. CT Technologist uploads reports to EMR and reports results to clinical staff. Responsible for maintaining communications with outside radiologists. Maintains study logs and follows all protocols and radiation safety.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology and computerized tomography equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology and CT supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and continuing education workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains radiation safety requirements including but not limited to radiation safety badges,
- Starts IV's, obtains vital signs, discharges patients, conducts triage and various other clinical duties to assist primary clinical staff.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, voice dictation, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, squat and stoop.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time or Full Time.
Minimal travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in radiologic technology.
- Completion of CT technology certificate program.1 years of experience as a CT Technician.
Preferred Education and Experience
1.South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association Licensure.
- ARRT Certification.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
EmergencyMD complies withfederal laws relating to the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, prohibits four types of unlawful conduct: unfair documentary practices during the Form I-9 and E-Verify process; citizenship or immigration status discrimination; national origin discrimination; retaliation or intimidation.
EmergencyMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.EmergencyMDis committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EmergencyMD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EmergencyMD will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EmergencyMD encourages applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.