Open Until Filled
The Office of State Lands and Investments (OSLI), an agency committed to effectively managing natural resources and funds for current and future generations, is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program Manager in Cheyenne. The GIS Program Manager is responsible for the OSLI GIS program workload evaluation and project management, task identification and business analysis, and development of long and short-term agency-wide geospatial plans and strategies. The position also provides hardware and software recommendations, technical support to agency employees, data development, management, analysis and modeling, permission control, and data standardization and normalization, and application development.
This position is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Cheyenne is a full-service community; home to over 60,000 residents. Cheyenne is near four-season outdoor recreation areas, including the Snowy Range and the Medicine Bow National Forest, home to world-class rock climbing at Vedauwoo. In addition, the location provides convenient access to the Colorado Front Range communities, including Fort Collins and Denver and Denver International Airport. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: Stacie West, email@example.com, 307-777-6434
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Designs develop, maintain, and enhances all aspects of the OSLI enterprise geographic information system.
- Assists in the maintenance and enhancement of agency land management systems.
- Normalizes and standardizes all data to ensure proper database management.
- Ensures integration of all agency systems.
- Designs and manages the GIS data versioning procedures and all data quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Analyzes, predicts, and interprets system data and provides reports and suggestions on plans of action.
- Administers geospatial databases by performing database maintenance, creating and managing all GIS data users, roles, rights, permissions, and the data privileges all individuals have at OSLI and other agencies.
- Creates GIS web applications and non-spatial web applications using various technology.
- Defines and learns business needs for all applications' consumers to determine needed tools, and develops needed tools.
- Administers ArcGIS server by creating web services, managing and creating rights and roles using active directory, and performing maintenance.
- Supervises, trains, and provides technical support to GIS staff to accomplish GIS program goals.
- Develops long- and short- term agency-wide geospatial plans and strategies.
- Assists in determining the GIS needs of the agency, and collaborates with agency management to create plans.
- Configures and maintains GIS servers.
- Assists all OSLI staff with information technology technical support.
- Collaborates closely with Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) staff.
- Collaborates with various state, local, and federal agencies and private organizations.
- Consults with officials in the GIS industry.
- Provides GIS support to OSLI field staff using technologies such as ArcGIS, Collector, and AGOL.
- Participates in various state government technology-related committees and sub-committees.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Agency: 060-Field Services Division