Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
CTO / VP of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
The company’s product is in the realms of logistics and ecommerce.
Revenues have been growing at a rate of 3-5x per year over the past year, and at this rate they expect to reach a billion $ valuation in about 4 years.
The company has about 25 employees and 10 engineers. They expect to have 40-50 employees and 15-18 engineers by the end of 2019, and expect to double or triple in size in 2020.
The company has raised series A funding, and is in the process of closing a large round of series B funding.
The company will pay a salary of $200k-250k plus equity which could be highly lucrative. The vast majority of the financial upside would hopefully be from the equity. Candidates who fit this job/company will likely be able to get much more cash from large companies, but value the potential reward of equity much more than the guaranteed cash they'd be giving up to join a startup such as this.
- managing a rapidly growing engineering team, including 3 engineering managers.
- growing the engineering organization from 3 teams to 9-10 teams within 1 year
- owning the engineering roadmap
- working with executive leadership to build the technical and product direction of the company
- working to get your engineers promoted to principal engineer or manager, promoting managers to director, etc.
- overseeing the high level technical architecture and its policies
- managing relationships with external software vendors, contractors.
- doing presentations for the board and the CEO
- experience managing engineering managers
- experience managing at least 20 software engineers
- experience rapidly growing engineering teams
- at least 15 years of work experience and 5 years of engineering management experience
- experience leading full stack projects and people
Nice to have:
- early stage startup experience
- experience with products involving warehouses, delivery, logistics, ecommerce, and machine learning
- experience with Node.js, React, Redux, React Native, and mobile software engineering.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: