Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The Omni Mount Washington Resort has paired with White Mountains Community College to offer a three year Culinary Apprentice program. The purpose of the apprentice program is to offer future chefs the opportunity to train in a highly respected food operation, receive an Associate in Science Culinary Arts degree, and learn from a variety of chefs. The Bretton Woods Culinary Academy opened June 2017 and is now accepting applications for August 2020. Application Deadline - July 1, 2020.
Throughout the program students will gain experience working in all areas of the kitchen. White Mountains Community College and Bretton Woods Culinary Academy will share in teaching the courses required of the Culinary Arts degree. At the completion of the program students will have a minimum of 6,000 hours of experience working in all aspects of the kitchen. The Bretton Woods Culinary Academy Apprentice Program will provide future chefs with the experience needed to work at any Omni property or food & beverage establishment.
For more information please visit our website: http://brettonwoods.com/bwca
Attend one of our Open Houses at the Main Hotel to learn more on one of the dates below:
FALL - Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 from 10AM - 2PM
SPRING - Saturday, March 7th, 2020 from 10AM - 2PM
- Basic knowledge and ongoing education of production such as meats, vegetables, potatoes, and other items in accordance with established standards
- Consistently maintain sanitation standards and safe food handling standards as outlined by the State of NH and EcoSure
- Insures procedures are followed with fire safety, personal hygiene, and operation safety
- Shows initiative, motivation, and eagerness to learn
- Consistently maintain high level of quality and service as established by Chef/Assistant Chef
- Daily production of all food items for Main Dining Room, Banquets and outlets as necessary per occupancy and requisitions
- Comply with all recipes, portion controls, and production specifications. Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, and other food products.
- Ability to display basic knife skills
- Consistently adhere to uniform, grooming, and appearance standards.
- Assist with presentation and service of banquets and buffets as necessary (including front of the house service)
- Daily ordering and receiving of product from Receiving Department using FIFO
- Insure station is set 15 minutes prior to service
- High School Diploma or GED – 18 Years of age or older
- Must apply and be accepted in the Associate in Science Culinary Arts program at White Mountains Community College
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and to multi-task
- No culinary experience necessary
- Requires guidance from managers, supervisors, or fellow teammates on prioritizing or understanding recipes
- Flexible Schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.