Further your culinary career as a culinary aide with Heritage Senior Living! An essential part of the dietary department, our culinary aides help create the best possible dining experience for our residents – which is why we offer a great work/life balance (shifts starting at 10:30 a.m. and ending no later than 7 p.m.)
As one of the country’s industry leaders, Heritage provides exceptional senior care and services throughout Wisconsin. We aim to enhance residents’ quality of life while providing comfort, care – and an amazing culinary program!
The ideal candidate not only loves creating tasty and balanced meals, but also enjoys interacting with diners to ensure an exceptional mealtime experience. With a collaborative spirit and a willingness to pitch in where needed, our culinary aides create memorable meals that are a true highlight of our residents’ day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver food to residents and guests and take individual food orders from residents and guests as needed
- Provide customer service to residents, visitors and staff
- Assist with inventory of supplies, labels, dates and rotates as needed per state guidelines and HSL standards and ensure proper storage
- Work under the supervision of and take instructions from the executive chef and sous chef
- Assist in the preparation of meals and special events as needed
- Clean dishes and equipment, maintain a clean kitchen workspace, and adhere to cleaning schedules and infection control procedures
- Assist with all logs for food and equipment, cleaning, and in-services, as well as
- OSHA and other compliance logs
- Assist with monitoring equipment condition, including the temperature and chemicals in dishwasher, and notify executive chef of needed repairs
- Receive deliveries
- Organize refrigerator
- Assist with some essential kitchen functions
- Assist with other job duties as assigned by the executive chef
- Prepare room service trays
- Assist with garbage detail
- Culinary Aide job ad
- Previous experience in food preparation and health care settings preferred but not required
- Must have a passion for serving seniors
- Ability to present food in an appealing fashion
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of sanitation and infection control practices
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively with all coworkers
- Must submit and pass all applicable pre-employment and annual tests and meet all training and other applicable state and federal regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and working for Heritage Senior Living.