The Culinary Director plans, directs, and evaluates all aspects of the community's food and beverage department in an effort to meet and exceed resident expectations with quality meals and excellent service.
Are you an individual that is looking to make a true impact in your next career move? At Sagora Senior Living, we strive to put our residents first in all we do. Serving in one of our communities means getting the privilege to build meaningful, lasting rapport with our senior residents. In addition to our unmatched company culture and potential growth opportunities, we also offer the opportunity to work in an ever-growing industry alongside people who care, just like you.
We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care living options at communities across five states. Our associates benefit from competitive compensation, benefit packages, and on-demand pay among other company perks. If you are interested in joining our mission to change lives, apply now!
- Community name: Bristol Park at Cleburne
- City, State: Cleburne, TX
- Status: Full Time
- Shift/hours: Monday - Friday 8a-5p with rotating weekends as Manager on Duty
- Supervises the culinary department, menu planning, supplies, overall food production, meal presentation, table service, budgeting, and safety in the kitchen
- Ensure high quality in taste and appearance and ensure food is served in an appropriate style while remaining in alignment with budget and safety guidelines
- Create and maintain a high level of service and hospitality in a team-oriented setting
- Hire, train and supervise all culinary associates while promoting retention and development
- Ensure compliance with preparation and maintenance of required records, reports, and paperwork for the culinary department
- Provide knowledgeable oversight for all food production including menu-planning, purchasing, cost control, and inventory
- Ensure safety of the food through compliance with all applicable company, local, state, and federal sanitation and food handling procedures and regulations
- Adhere to the food and beverage budget
- Promote and contribute to the community's positive reputation and perception of the culinary department including management and associates
- Serve as an active and valuable member of the community's leadership team and other task groups as appropriate, providing collegial support and guidance to other department leaders
- 2 years of experience as an Executive Chef in a commercial kitchen operation offering table service
- Associates degree in hospitality management or related area
- Current Food Safety Manager's permit or equivalent as regulated by state and local authorities
- Must be able to use math to compute recipes and costing
- Skills in preparing specialized dishes for specific diets
- Must be organized and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends as needed for events and holiday staffing needs
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.