Miami HEAT is seeking a part time culinary instructor who is capable of teaching an 8-week cooking class to prepare students to be successful job applicants for cooking jobs in hotels, casinos and food service facilities.
We’re looking for an instructor on a part time, temporary basis to:
- Teach one or more 8-week classes on cooking skills for students with little or no cooking experience
- Teach to the standards expected by Chefs in large hospitality venues
- Assist HEAT’s recruitment organizer in screening student candidates for culinary classes
- Prepare and order food and supplies to meet the outlined curriculum
- Assess students for learning outcomes and meeting graduation standards
- The current scheduled class will be 4 hours per day, 5 days per week for 8 weeks, starting mid September.
And someone with these qualifications:
- Executive Chef experience and/or broad familiarity with cooking skills required in high volume commercial kitchens
- Experience teaching culinary arts
- Genuine commitment and sensitivity to worker and community issues
- Respect for economic and cultural diversity, experience working with diverse groups of people
If this is you, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Miami HEAT is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse industry and a diverse community. We celebrate the value and innovation that comes from a diverse, inclusive and mutually respectful workforce.
Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.