Title: Custodial Helper
Reports To:Building Principal and/or Building Operator
Position Purpose: To provide all students with a physical learning environment that is safe, clean, attractive, pleasant, and smooth-functioning.
- High school graduate or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Good knowledge of custodial methods, materials, and equipment, and have the ability to use them economically and efficiently.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, hazardous materials, and proper ways to perform the assigned duty.
- Ability to understand and follow simple verbal and written directions.
- Ability to perform work independently according to prescribed standards and procedures with a minimum of supervision
- Dependability and the ability to get along with others.
- The incumbent may be required to use thefollowing skills and abilitiesduring any part of the working day.
- This position is classified as medium work (Level 3).
- The incumbent must be able to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Report to the Building Operator to receive each day's assignments.
- Keep building and premises (including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas) neat and clean at all times.
- Empty all exterior and interior waste receptacles and place in dumpster.
- Clean all windows and glass surfaces as necessary.
- Clean classrooms daily and dust furniture and woodwork.
- Wipe down walls, restroom partitions, baseboards, dispensers, chrome surfaces, etc. as necessary.
- Clean corridors during/after school each day as required.
- Scrub, mop, and disinfect toilet floors daily and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Keep all floors preserved and in a clean condition.
- Move furniture/equipment within buildings as required for various activities as directed by the building principal.
- Perform routine janitorial duties as required.
- Shovel, plow, and/or sand walks and steps as appropriate.
- Report major repair needs promptly to the building principal.
- Report any damage and/or vandalism immediately to the building principal.
- Determine, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, security systems activated, and all lights are turned off.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
- Follow proper safety procedures and use necessary personal safety supplies and/or equipment in carrying out day-to-day assignments.
- Cooperate with local and state inspectors involved in health, fire, and safety.
Term of Employment: Part-time for 2-4 hours as designated by building principal during the school year (9 months). Pay is $7.25 per hour.
Evaluation:Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy on evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Significant Associations: The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor.