The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures will be the world’s premier institution dedicated to the art and science of movies. Located at Wilshire and Fairfax in Los Angeles, the Museum will be simultaneously immersive, experimental, educational, and entertaining. More than a museum, this dynamic film center will offer unparalleled experiences and insights into movies and moviemaking.
Under the direction of the Custodial/Set-up Services Supervisor, this position will provide a clean, safe and friendly environment for visitors and staff.
- Perform day-to-day custodial functions as assigned.
- Clean assigned work areas which may include windows, furnishings, fixtures, hallways, stairways, elevators, escalators, floors, restrooms, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up when necessary.
- Ensure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored and stocked at all times.
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs and any potential hazards.
- Assist with special events set-up and breakdowns and performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs.
- Work on ladders, lifts, and heights.
- Properly handle bio-hazardous materials and/or chemicals.