This position will be located across Naval District Washington (Washington, South Potomac, Patuxent River, Annapolis).
Position cleans and maintains appearance of the facility in accordance with standard procedures of the housekeeping department and with hospital objectives. Assigned areas may include patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas, hallways, and public restrooms.
- Cleans and disinfects rooms, restrooms, offices, and other common areas within the building environment to established standards.
- Collects and disposes regular trash and recycle materials.
- Replenishes, hand soap, hand sanitizers, other supplies as needed.
- Dust mops floors with microfiber using standard operating procedure.
- Wet mops floors with disinfectant using microfiber material following standard operating procedure.
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with applicable regulations and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Dusts all horizontal and vertical surfaces, furniture, spot wash walls, clean and polish fixtures, air vents, handrails, blinds, windows and sills and other items as required.
- Performs other like duties as assigned.
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or repair to immediate supervisor.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Previous custodial experience in the government or hospitality industry preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend and follow detailed instructions in English
- Physical demands include continuous movement, including frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other use of hands; occasional light to moderate lifting up to 50 lbs. required.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions
- Varying work shifts
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)