- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Facilities & Grounds
- Date Available:
The goal of staff members assigned to custodial duties is to operate, clean, serve and maintain the facilities, buildings, equipment, and programs owned or operated by the Plainfield Board of Education in a safe, clean, efficient manner thereby supporting the education and care of the students and citizenry of the City of Plainfield.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (highly desirable)
- Prior experience as custodian or in building trades is highly desirable.
- Boiler Operators License (Black Seal) Low pressure highly desirable. Mandatory for position classification C-3 and above. (Mandatory of all new employees within 18 months of date of hire.)
- Willingness to work overtime/on weekends/shifts is highly desirable.
- NJ State Driver’s License highly desirable.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions as listed in Section 6.
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects (minimum 50 lbs. or more).