Maintain the interior and exterior cleanliness of corporate office buildings; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image of the organization, complying with instructions and prescribed routines, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
- Work from policies, standards, and instructions.
- Clean and disinfect offices, boardroom, meeting rooms, common areas, restrooms, and break room. Clean windows, mirrors and door fronts.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum and deodorize floors, floor mats and carpet as needed. Dust and polish desks, chairs, and other furnishings. Dust blinds, pictures, fixtures, and vents.
- Gather waste from waste containers and remove litter and debris. Dispose of hazardous materials according to proper procedures and policy.
- Maintain grounds, performing a range of minor and routine duties including removing trash from grounds, running sprinklers, blowing debris, and sweeping or hosing down outside of building to remove unsightly dirt and debris. Clean outside break areas.
- Check and maintain cleaning supplies and replacement stock regularly, notify supervisor when inventory needs to be replenished.
- Mix cleaning cleaners or cleaning chemicals to achieve optimal results.
- Inspect restrooms and break rooms and notify supervisor of needed repairs in these areas as well as any others on the property.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
- Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Three months cleaning or janitorial experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand product labels written in English.
- Ability to push heavy cleaning equipment, such as cleaning station supplies, vacuum cleaners, trash cans, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete work assignments successfully.
- Heavy lifting and carrying in excess of 20 lbs.
- Repetitive walking, standing, pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Cleaning chemicals, brooms, vacuum, mops, hose, waste containers, rolling waste receptacle, waste container liners, cleaning materials, and other standard equipment and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $8.56/hour