The Custodian is responsible for major floor care projects, public area cleaning, activity/event set-up and breakdown and trash disposal; working with other environmental team members and assisting with requests and dispatching work among the other team members; and communicating with the other shift custodians.
***SET TO START MID AUGUST***
- Maintains floors and carpets within the Community.
- Picks up and removes trash from trash rooms, offices and other locations within the Community.
- Cleans all public areas.
- Provides preventive maintenance to housekeeping machines such as vacuums, carpet shampooers and floor machines.
- Completes all meeting room setups in auditorium, arts and crafts room, lobby, etc.
- Maintains all exterior grounds and amenities throughout shift.
- Properly utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), when required to perform specific job duties.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Team player
- Previous janitor experience strongly preferred
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Previous floor maintenance experience strongly preferred but not required. Knowledge of floor care procedures, techniques, and supplies preferred, but not required.
- Ability to understand and follow in instructions in English and communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Willingness to perform routines, repetitive tasks.
- Ability to drive utility vehicles
- Hospitality – greets residents with a smile, makes eye contact and friendly.
- Need to be available for at least one day during the weekend
This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
A BRAND NEW Health Care Center, The Orchards will have 71 Skilled Nursing beds, 20 Memory Care- Assisted Living units, and 58 Assisted Living Units on the same campus as Reata Glen, a large Continuing Care Retirement Community featuring 480 Independent Living units located in Rancho Mission Viejo/ San Juan Capistrano in sunny Southern California.
The Orchards offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match. Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others!