Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Provide customer account services to high exposure or major account(s). Work in conjunction with other internal departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight while achieving high service levels. Build internal and external relationships that deliver compelling short and long-term customer value propositions and efficient means of moving our customer's freight.
Eligible for medical, dental and vision on the 1st day of the month, following 30 days of employment. Pay Range is $18-22 and hour depending on experience and qualifications.
- Lead and solicit business from a specific or assigned number of customers by using daily available capacity.
- Serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by exploring all dedicated, rail and logistics opportunities with Customers.
- Manage territorial balance of capacity and freight while achieving high service levels.
- Serve as Customer's first line of communication and refer Customer to the proper departments if/when necessary (i.e. Pricing, claims, etc.)
- Research and code all applicable service failures in the system.
- Monitor and trace loads so that follow up can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries; as well as any other changes that may occur.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of Customers.
- Commit to and receive detailed customer load information by telephone, fax or electronic tendering, and input all load information into the system accurately to ensure system integrity.
- Maintains knowledge of customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools in order to keep turns at the level set to gain optimum utilization of company equipment.
- Manage and clear assigned user discrepancy queue to expedite the billing process to ensure the number of days from e-calls to cash are minimized for cash flow optimization.
- Manage EDI related requirements regarding 214 Status releasing or other similar electronic transmissions as required by Customer.
- Create monthly reports regarding service levels for customers as well as participate on any service oriented conference calls to supply definition.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company and customer requirements.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Must possess outstanding telephone skills. Must be able to set priorities. Must possess excellent time management skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment. Must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: 2 years' experience in Customer Service or Sales required. Previous experience in transportation preferred.