Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
As a Customer Advocacy and Reference Program Manager you will be responsible for managing and growing a compelling and persuasive customer reference program that provides timely references, nurtures a vibrant peer review community, and delivers impactful case studies to support sales, analyst relations, field events, press releases and other marketing activities.
- Build and brand a high-touch customer advocacy and reference relationship program.
- Recruit and manage reference relationships and profiles for strategic customers while managing reference requests, tracking reference activity and outcomes.
- Design, implement, and manage a worldwide customer reference program, working cross-functionally across the revenue team (sales, customer success, product, and marketing) to identify, develop, and engage reference customers.
- Create, grow, and manage a healthy community of reference customers; maximizing the positive impact of their engagement to them, their organization, and Upland while respecting our customer’s time and effort to the process.
- Build testimonial content (case studies, videos, presentation slides, etc.) based on our customer’s experiences and successes and activate (ensuring utilization of) this content throughout the sales and customer success cycles to positively impact: sales and marketing activity, product development, the customer’s career, and their organization.
- Support and provide input into sales, marketing, and product management deliverables including but not limited to: peer to peer networking, event speaking and publication opportunities, and 1: many reference calls.
- Stimulate, nurture, and curate review activity on peer review sites and communities like G2, Capterra, and Gartner Peer Insights.
- Interface with sales, marketing, and product management teams to understand their needs and advise them on how/when to best use references.
- Drive opportunities for promotion and broad-based leverage of customer success assets
- Define customer reference metrics/goals/benchmarks and track/report progress against them.
- Report outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships
- Ability to understand and articulate the value of the program to a variety of internal and external stakeholder audiences
- Be a leader in working cross-functionally to drive the execution of the Customer Reference program, aligning with other areas of marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Superb presentations and client-facing skills, particularly at C-suite level
- Strong project and program management skills
- 10+ years experience in sales and marketing
- 5+ years of specific, significant experience in a customer reference or advocacy management role in enterprise software.
- Good analytical skills
- Candidates need technical / computer skills which will undoubtedly include a fluency with the Sales CRM (like Salesforce)
- Proven ability to build and drive a budget and forecast spend.
- Specific experience in managing Customer Advisory Boards and/or similar executive-level programs.
- Strong orientation to managing program details.
- Experience in building advocacy programs from ground up.
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leader in cloud-based enterprise work management software. Upland provides seven enterprise cloud solution suites that enable more than one million users at over 9,000 accounts to win and engage customers, automate business operations, manage projects and IT costs, and share knowledge throughout the enterprise. All of Upland’s solutions are backed by a 100 percent customer success commitment and the UplandOne platform, which puts customers at the center of everything we do. To learn more, visit uplandsoftware.com.
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.