Title: Customer Care Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 3-6 months contract-to-hire
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Customer Care Associate opportunity focusing on providing personalized guidance and concierge support with a leading healthcare company. This contract-to-hire position is a great opportunity to join a team long term that values continued education and career growth. This opportunity can also offer: technical training, training for certifications, corporate discounts, health benefits, 401K match, and more!
If interested in this opportunity or any other roles with Apex Systems, please contact Emily Olson at email@example.com
Summary of Customer Care Associate:
A Customer Care Associate is a person and valued resource that consumers can reach out to for multi-channel and omni-channel personalized guidance and concierge support.
Responsibilities of Customer Care Associate:
- Provide concierge support in areas including, but not limited to, finding local resources, assisting with appointment scheduling, researching conditions, preparing for appointments, and figuring out financial assistance and options.
- Fully leverage multi-channel and/or omni-channel tools and technologies to communicate with consumers and fulfill their needs.
- Manage variable volumes of incoming work (e.g. through call queues, chats, emails, etc…) and prioritize follow-through to meet service level agreements and performance requirements.
- Exhibit a professional and polished, yet compassionate and caring, demeanor in all consumer interactions.
- Maintain a holistic, consumer-centric view of problems and interactions in order to function beyond simple transactions.
- Take ownership of consumer interactions and drive them toward resolution, where completion is total consumer satisfaction.
- Provide unbiased support navigating the complex health care system across the entire continuum of care.
- Meet dependability, availability, timeliness, accuracy, quantity, quality, and other standards as established by management.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all aspects for internal and external customers.
- Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Customer Care Associate Senior:
- Effectively handle the most complex interactions with minimal assistance or guidance.
- Expected to have some non-production time to serve as internal subject matter expert and the first point of escalation for issues and questions from Customer Care Associate and consumers.
- Provide support to the Customer Care Associate Lead for the coordination of day-to-day work including, but not limited to, monitoring incoming volume, assignments, and availability.
- Provide recommendations to the Customer Care Associate Lead for knowledge base articles, process improvements, and training material updates.
- Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Customer Care Associate Lead:
- Collaborate with Human Service Delivery leadership to establish quality metrics; leads and conducts Quality Assurance for the team of Customer Care Associates.
- Create knowledge base articles and training materials, deliver training, and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Drive process improvements.
- Establish and monitor staffing and scheduling.
- Serve as external subject matter expert on program processes, procedures, and deliverables.
- May lead intra-departmental projects.
Qualifications of Customer Care Associate:
- 5 years’ experience in consumer-facing roles in a health care, retail, hospitality, executive support, service industry, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care industry trends, terminology, continuum of care, and contractual arrangements.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex concepts and ideas to speak in plain language and ensures their message is received and understood.
- Ability to assimilate detailed information, think critically, and make decisions within individual role and responsibility.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage workload independently.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, assume ownership, remove barriers, and be successful working independently.
- Proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, collaborative, and rewarding relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated history of proactively anticipating customer, project, and product needs and developing solutions or pre-emptively raising concerns.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully-committed, and self-directed approach to work.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment that may include immediate team members, other internal teams, and third-party partners.
- Possesses a flexible mindset and ability to convey confidence and credibility in customer interactions.
- Excellent business English and grammar skills.
- Strong competence in Microsoft Office software.
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm and 98% accuracy.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178