Leads and supervises a Contact Center team within our Customer Care Operations in insurance operations and/or customer service. Coach and develop a team of CSRs who interact with Agents and Customers directly to service their Commercial Insurance needs. Drive quality interactions and help improve the Customer Experience through employee development and coaching. Lead teams through significant change. Motivate and inspire employees to give their best and proactively identify process improvements.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
1. Assigns, distributes and coordinates workflow for the team with other teams in the area ensuring consistent, efficient and timely delivery of service.
2. Develops and uses work management and forecasting tools to allocate resources, facilitate efficient processes and ensure appropriate staffing levels.
3. Develops and maintains relationships and resolves operational and procedural difficulties/issues with management, work teams and customers.
4. Generates ideas for improvements within the team or department and implements approved changes; drives continuous improvement.
5. Participates in meetings to set direction, establish stretch performance goals, communicate status and discuss issues that impact service levels. Represents the team in meetings with management and other Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
6. Participates in staff management, including but not limited to job candidate interviewing, and making recommendations on staff performance assessment and development.
7. Manages and monitors overtime spending and provides input into annual budget forecast.
8.Perform quality reviews of staff and business processes to include coaching
9. Prepares and distributes management reports (i.e. production/quality).
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge Abilities
1. Strong client and team interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
2. Industry and company knowledge as well as strong knowledge of the essential functions performed by the team, stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends.
3. Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, costs and quality of service.
4. Familiarity with the concepts and practices of personnel management.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical issues in a clear, concise and effective manner.
6. Excellent organizational and analytical skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
7. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
8. Strong customer focus with a mindset towards continuous improvement.
9. Uses Metrics and information analysis and accesses technology resources as needed.
10. Builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
11. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
12. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
13. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
14. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
15. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
1.Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and completion of applicable insurance courses.
2. Typically a minimum of three years’ experience in a specific function or field of expertise.