As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for answering inbound customer service calls related to patient accounting questions. These calls will primarily be on Regional Business Office (RBO) accounts. However they include calls on accounts in any other National Collection Systems business entity such as Early Out, MSU, CFC, NRC or NMC. When inbound call volumes are low incumbent may make outbound follow up calls on outstanding AR accounts.
- Answer inbound customer service calls and make some outbound follow up calls in a professional, service oriented manner. Answer the calls timely without drops/abandons.
- Ascertain the reason for the call and assist the caller with their questions, concerns or problems with the focus on first call resolution. Facilitate resolution by referring the matter to the issue/content expert. Escalate the matter to a supervisor, request the appropriate information or take appropriate action so that the issue expert is able to effectively resolve the matter.
- Assist with inbound faxes to identify issues and take action on account to facilitate faxed request.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional customer service skills including effective and efficient problem solving and analyzing skills
- Professional and calming tone of voice with complete command of the English language free of use of inappropriate grammar
- Ability to facilitate conversations with others and establish an understanding of the customer's issue/reason for contact
- Ability to perform essential job functions with high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to maintain control of the call by de-escalating issues and instilling confidence that the resolution has been found.
- Ability to function effectively under stress of conflicting demands on time and attention and, sometimes, under duress from difficult personalities
- Ability to interpret and apply reimbursement aspects of managed healthcare contracts
- Attentive listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate a response to the customer using appropriate voice modulation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High school education or the equivalent
- 1 2 years prior experience in an inbound call center and/or customer service environment; hospital patient account billing with experience or knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call Center environment with headset and multiple work stations within close proximity
- Hospital Environment may include direct patient interaction
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.