Customer Care Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Customer Systems Director
DEPARTMENT: Mission Delivery
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Customer Care Specialist will infuse and model the Girl Scout Law into his/her everyday work to fulfill the mission of building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the general public as well as potential new member leads, resulting in increased girl/adult membership. The Customer Care Specialist also supports newly recruited volunteers in the application process; develops and plans membership extension in all markets; identifies and improves lead conversion techniques. This position will also assist in case management, data entry support for all incoming registrations, document processing and record management. The Customer Care Specialist will be a part of a team that will provide consistent, best-in-class support, direction, and effective communication to potential and current members, volunteers, families and girls by excelling in inside sales and customer service proficiencies
Inside Sales Proficiencies:
- Ability to convert new leads into members within the department set conversion window while addressing and anticipating customer needs during the lead conversion process.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve the lead conversion process, both efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with new volunteer leads to guide them through the application and background check process.
- Process all leads effectively and responsibility, following department set best practices for pipeline flow.
- Provide information and interpretation of council and GSUSA policies and program to reinforce the role of Girl Scouting
- Work closely with department director to develop and administer membership team operating plan and budget to achieve the council’s objectives.
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council and the community.
- Work collaboratively with all Council departments to ensure council program and initiatives are successfully marketed to girl and adult membership.
Customer Service Proficiencies:
- Maintain high level of customer service performance for inquires via phone, email, or in person, providing customer service support to all members, both external and internal.
- Answer incoming calls/requests; clarify desired information, research, locate and deliver findings; engage in problem-solving and provide solutions.
- Create and update standardized communication templates to communicate effectively with volunteers, parents and girls.
- Update customer solutions database as needed
- Set positive and welcoming atmosphere by greeting customers warmly, taking care of customer’s needs where possible and referring customers to other staff members when needed.
- Interact with other staff members in a positive way, providing support wherever possible.
- Assist in accurate completion of girl and adult membership registration process, in putting data on system, so that statistical information can be used and extracted.
- Perform administrative task list, as designated by regional office.
- Participate and contribute to the development function of the council.
- Complete other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Empathy – Approaches others with a service mindset. Offers humility and inspires trust. Trusts the good intentions of others. Takes time with people. Offers respect and kindness to all. Actively listens without judgement. Offers positive alternatives to challenging situations.
Possibility Thinking – Demonstrates eagerness to learn new things. Sees opportunity in ambiguity, change and transition. Displays flexibility in thinking. Explores alternatives before acting. Takes on challenging tasks. Respectfully offers collaboration with an openness to other’s ideas.
Innovation – Knows the business. Thinks in unique and independent ways. Communicates ideas effectively. Learns from smart risk taking and failure. Pursues a standard of excellence.
Courageous Leadership – Works for the good of the whole. Works collaboratively with all. Maintains personal integrity. Resolves conflicts constructively. Helps others to grow and develop. Involves others in decisions affecting them.
KNOWLEDGE AND CREDENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field preferred or at least 3 years knowledge and/or experience in a related field
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Experience building and leveraging relationships to increase customer base
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Proficient in data entry and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management
ABILITY AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff members, visitors, volunteers and the general public via telephone, email and in person.
- Planning and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to accurately enter data within department stated guidelines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with ability to multi-task while maintaining composure.
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and POS systems.
- Work requires normal physical effort for primarily an office environment; some physical effort in handling of materials or boxes and tools or equipment of up to 25 pounds in non-strenuous work. Some periods of continual standing or walking may be required. Regular and prompt attendance required.
- Ability to operate other office machines such as fax, calculator, and business telephones.
- Subscribes to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout Program Emphasis and Delivery Systems.
- Strong human relations skills and have ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership qualities which include the ability to collaborate, to organize and to work effectively while using creativity in problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
HOURS AND TRAVEL
- Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- GRADE – 1
**To apply for this position, please go to: www.girlscoutsdiamonds.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to complete other related duties as assigned.