CuWhat does a great Customer Engineer do?
You will assist with emergency repair and ongoing maintenance required to ensure the optimum performance of the user's electronic hardware systems.
As a Customer Engineer, you can look forward to:
- The Emergency repair and ongoing maintenance required to ensure the optimum performance of the user's electronic hardware systems.
- Completing training on all assigned equipment, including product cross-training.
- Responding to customer initiated service calls as directed
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment problems with minimal assistance
- Performing repairs of sub-assemblies
- Performing preventive maintenance and equipment installation.
- Identifying defective or marginal components.
- Repairing/replacing components
- Assisting with equipment rebuilds.
- Performing assigned inventory control duties as directed; Accurately log all parts issues.
- Maintaining all manuals, tools and test equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening, problem solving and facilitation.
- Flexible hours to be able to move around and address problem areas.
- Escalation with the Shift Supervisor and part of the escalation process.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics, (or equivalent educational background, i.e., military technical schools) required.
- Minimum 12 months as Associate Customer Engineer or equivalent work experience required. Strong mechanical ability required.
- Ability to operate, maintain, manipulate and adjust assigned equipment as necessary.
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off
- Donation-Matching Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays