Job Title: Customer Insights Analyst - Nashville
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Customer Insights Analyst provides insight and value-added delivery to Customers within a Market Geography, based on analysis of repair trending, inventory management, and Customer Engagement with the intent to reduce or limit the need/number of Device and Instrument repairs and ensure surgical assets are Procedure Ready. This is accomplished through effective analysis, problem-solving technique, customer education and deliverable value-added activities to ensure goals are met.
- Reviews and Analyzes repair trending to identify Customer Specific areas of improvement and establish measurable goals
- Provides analysis of repair trending and solution delivery to assigned facilities, in an effort to provide cost savings / cost avoidance and compliance to the hospital by ensuring service portfolio relevant surgical assets are functioning properly and for their intended purpose.
- Drives Business and Customer initiatives with key stakeholders raising awareness of areas for improvement.
- Drives the beginning to end process of raising awareness of an issue, developing the process to improve the situation, and ensuring the process is implemented.
- Documents daily cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives, with total monies saved, and reports potential barriers to implementation.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and STERIS IMS regarding identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- Analyzes and implements daily operations of value-added activities that relate directly to service portfolio
- Identifies areas of cost containment or elimination by Customer relevant to service portfolio
- Partners with Customer’s leadership team to educate and train customer staff on new processes or procedures that will correct their opportunities
- Monitors and tracks improvements to present to Customer’s leadership team
- Records value added activities executed for internal / external reporting
- Records surgical asset inspection and maintenance activities for Customer compliance
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Assists in providing timely resolution to issues or concerns.
- Completes documentation required by STERIS IMS related to Standard Operating Procedures or facility policies.
- This position will be field based as they will be covering a group of accounts in a territory
Duties - cont'd
- Collaborates with Customer perioperative team(s) – Surgical Coordinators, SPD, GI or Specialty Department Managers to plan and implement solutions based on areas of opportunity relevant to service portfolio
- Establishes Specific and Measurable goals relevant to service portfolio
- Collaborates with Customer to review, report and reset activities as appropriate care and handling processes
- Supports device and instrument repair and maintenance service portfolio, to include:
- Lead Proactive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) for service portfolio assets: i.e. Flexible Endoscopes, Rigid Endoscopes, Surgical Devices, etc.
- Direct Care & Handling in-services for OR and SPD/CSS staff as needed
- Receive and send out instruments/devices requiring repair and maintenance as required
- Implementing and maintaining device and instrument tracking for items sent out for repair to ensure efficient follow-up and knowledge of the status of repairs
- Ensures instrument/device inspection for maintenances requirements are managed and recorded
- Communicates regularly with the STERIS IMS Account Manager and support teams to ensure customer needs are met daily and any issues are resolved promptly.
- Maintains compliance with established policies and procedures of the Department of Health, JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Instructions for Use (IFUs).
- Complies with STERIS IMS policies and procedures while also adhering to policies and procedures of facility.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to STERIS IMS leadership.
- Communicates to STERIS IMS leadership all non-compliance with regulatory and safety issues.
- Leads and participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by STERIS IMS in the facility.
High School Diploma or GED
- High school diploma required with 6-8 years’ experience required; SPD and/or surgical tech experience is highly preferred
- Basic understanding of medical instrumentation and devices.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to work efficiently within the Microsoft Office suite (including Word and Excel). Must be capable of learning and working efficiently in ERP systems. Must be capable of learning additional software as required.
- SPD Technician Certification preferred.
- Experience utilizing a Continuous improvement or lean processes.
- Must be able to problem solve complex issues.
- Influence multiple layers of customer management to ensure new processes are implemented correctly.
- Must maintain valid Driver’s License and vehicle insurance to meet travel requirements.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Gastroenterology, Medical, Inspector, Instrumentation, ERP, Healthcare, Quality, Technology, Engineering